UKC

THE LOWDOWN: First round, first minute goes down, and more!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Climbing Hangar, 4 kbToday I'm super busy with organising the Tierra Boulder Battle (Live tonight), meaning I don't have much time for posting news, but some pretty remarkable ascents have been made.
Chris Sharma has made the FA of his well known First round, first minute-project in the Laboratory sector at Margalef....

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=61781
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 20 Apr 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Excellent, good stuff looking forward to the update...
 jh_oneill 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Fantastic news and congratulations to Chris (plus Daniel!). I'm surprised there has been so little response to this! Or is everyone waiting for more detail? From the sounds of it no one was filming which as many of Chris' big ascents have been caught on camera feels like an anticlimax. That said there's so much footage of him climbing frfm in progression and the reel rock DVD that I can just watch that! I wander what his other big project that he's close on is?!
 jacobjlloyd 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Agreed- puzzling lack of excitement! This is huge. Looks like the second of a new breed of hard climb. Until Ondra's route La Capella in February, it seemed like the way to make things harder was to make them longer (e.g. Jumbo Love). So now we have La Capella 9b, 15m and FRFM 9b, 25 moves. And so, to stay fashionable, I suppose I should quit endurance training and try to get strong....
 jh_oneill 22 Apr 2011
In reply to jacobjlloyd:

You could always try Chilam Balam. That's a 'soft' 9b that just needs endurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...