UKC

Scottish Climbing and Bird Nest Alerts from MCofS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MCofS 28 Apr 2011
If you are planning to climb in Scotland before the end of July then check out this vital information to help keep you within the law. This is the first year when this has been prepared in co-operation with bird groups making this the most reliable and comprehensive Scottish information to date - check out the alerts at www.mcofs.org.uk/advice-and-policies.asp
 Captain Solo 28 Apr 2011
In reply to MCofS: On that note I was just about to bike into Creag Ghlas in Strathconon on Tuesday and spotted the sign at the side of the road warning of nesting birds. I think there are eagles up there and I was early enough but obviously missed the boat. Decided to repair to Glenmarksie and feed the ticks. At least it will dry quickly after the August thunderstorms!
 PM 28 Apr 2011
In reply to MCofS: And here's the same link with http:// at the start, so you can just click it, instead of having to copy/paste.

http://www.mcofs.org.uk/advice-and-policies.asp
MCofS 05 May 2011
In reply to PM:

thanks for the clickable version. This has been updated 3 times over the past week, so keep an eye on it if you are going to any of the potentially affceted crags
MCofS 05 May 2011
In reply to Captain Solo:

after looking like they might settle on their usual location on the climbing area they have now decided to go elsewhere this year (possibly because some people havent been as responsible as you and not followed the requests on the sign)- other updates available on the website. Hope Glenmarksie was good - now you have the opp to do Creag Ghlas at your leisure whenever you want this year.
 lex 05 May 2011
In reply to MCofS:

Hebe (if it is you!),

Thanks for your efforts in making it easier to get hold of the required info,

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Lex
 sebrider 05 May 2011
In reply to MCofS: Thank you for the post and updates...very useful

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...