UKC

Arapiles Australia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 roberto18 03 May 2011
Has anyone been to the Arapiles? i'm based on the Gold coast at the moment and was thinking of heading down there in August, what will the weather be like then and what sort of trad gear will I need?
In reply to roberto18: It will probably be quite cold and potentially wet (for australia) better times are spring and autumn. You will need a full rack of micro wires, wires, and cams. hope this helps, email me if you have any more questions.

DC
 Guy Atkinson 03 May 2011
In reply to roberto18:
how long are you likely to be living on the gold coast? There's a possibility i'll be heading out that way for a few months at the end of the year and it'd be good to hook up with some climbers out there!
 Hhh 03 May 2011
In reply to roberto18:

Hi

I just got back from a week climbing in Arapiles. It is superb. But, did you know that near the Gold Coast is a crack climbing mecca called Frog Buttress? Both crags are proper trad areas, so bring all your cams and wires.

Cheers

John
OP roberto18 03 May 2011
In reply to Guy Atkinson:
I'm on the Gold Coast till early August, the climbing is good but you have to drive for a while, Frog buttress is great for trad and the Glass House mountains are fantastic!
Give me an email when you arrive, i work at the local climbing gym as well.
 MelH 03 May 2011
In reply to roberto18:

theres a good araps thread just been on the go- check that out. Otherwise go on chockstone which is the Victoria UKC equivalent.

I reckon it'll be pretty cold in August though!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...