UKC

People visiting Peru - I need a favour!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,
If you're going to Huaraz this summer please can I ask a favour? There's a very skillful chap called Yuri who lives just a street or two away from the Churup hotel who makes and mends climbing clothing. I left my expensive M.E. salopettes with him near the end of my trip last summer to have my clumsy crampon holes patched up, and wasn't able to pick them up. I could send a helpful volunteer a sketch map, the correct change, and I'd tell him you were coming.
They won't take up much space in your bag, I promise! Well, as much space as a pair of ProShell salopettes take up anyway.
I'd be mega grateful if someone can help. I had to winter climb this season in my boxer shorts (only kidding).
Tom
In reply to Tom Chamberlain:

There's a courier service that will pack up your kecks in Peru and deliver them to the UK here:

http://tinyurl.com/6fhnhhr
 Claudia 05 May 2011
In reply to Tom Chamberlain: I might be able to help towards the end of July.
If you don't manage to find a solution by June then email me and I'll do my best. (I just wouldn't want to promise anything I couldn't achieve!)
In reply to Claudia:
Many thanks Claudia, that would be great. It being my fault in the first place, I don't want to put Yuri out by getting him to courrier them anywhere. Tom
 LucyG 26 May 2011
In reply to Tom Chamberlain: Tom I'll be climbing around Huaraz from 29th May and fly back to UK on 23rd June so is feasible if they really do pack up small! Best days for collection would be 19/20th June..
Lucy
 flaneur 26 May 2011
In reply to Lucy Greenhill:

Taking a package, from a complete stranger, onto a plane, in Peru. What could possibly go wrong!
kluz 26 May 2011
In reply to flaneur: visions of Midnight Express...
 Dan Arkle 26 May 2011
I left 20Kilograms of chalk on my last visit to Colombia, could anyone pick it up for me, I'll give you a cut....
Jamie D G 30 May 2011
Hi Tom,

I still have you presentation on my computer from Kendal. My summer plans for Caucasus have fallen through this week due to those pesky Russians not letting us in! I am now planning to go to Peru and/or Boliva. I expect I will go through Huaraz so could probably get them.

I'm going July - August. I am currently in planning phase as and don't yet have a partner, as my russian lot are now going to the Alps, but I have 2 months off and want to use it well. If you know of anyone who would like to go, or any expeditions going that need extras let me know.

Hope you're well

Jamie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...