UKC

OI NEWS: Discover Unchartered Routes in Arctic Norway With Dave MacLeod

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 11 May 2011
Dave MacLeod, 5 kbAs the Gore-tex Experience Tour enters its second year, two enthusiastic climbers are being offered the chance to embark on a trip of a lifetime with the renowned Scottish climber, Dave MacLeod. This project is the latest in a string of adventures that have enabled outdoors enthusiast from across Europe to share unforgettable experiences with some of the world's most famous outdoors experts.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3723
 aln 11 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Sounds great, looking forward to seeing the results. But is "sponsee" a word?
In reply to UKC Gear: Is Annubis really VII?
 Fraser 11 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Sounds great.....but what about those who consider it possible to have a life outwith Facebook? Maybe we're mistaken. Also, there's no link to the "online application" mentioned.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Sounds good but some of the hyperbole is a bit strained. Not sure I would call Tromso 'one of the most remote climbing locations in the world', you can fly from the UK and be craging the same day - or even drive there in about three days!

Chris
 flaneur 11 May 2011
In reply to Fraser:

> Sounds great.....but what about those who consider it possible to have a life outwith Facebook? Maybe we're mistaken. Also, there's no link to the "online application" mentioned.

And for those who have succumbed, Goretex want a completely unreasonable amount of access to your Facebook information. However, I'm guessing they are after bright young telegenic things for whom sharing inside leg measurements with the world seems less of an issue.
Removed User 11 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Uncharted....... shoorley?
 tony 11 May 2011
In reply to Pittsburgh Windmill:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Is Annubis really VII?

According to this from dave's blog, it's probably a bit harder:
"Just before I posted this up I read a timely post on Ian Parnell’s blog with a full list of all the routes of grade IX and above. I can’t say it really helped that much for making a wild and disclaimer-ridden stab at a grade for Anubis. But what did stand out was the consistency of routes which are often reasonably protected HVSs working out at IX in winter. There are of course some E2s and up to about E4s that have been done as winter mixed routes, generally where the cruxes involve cracks. Anubis, although dramatically harder at E8 does have a useful short crack at the crux, but then a section of E5 6a face climbing on small crimps. Bla bla… the long and short of it is I do think it’s a significant step up from any of the routes I’ve done. The crux is not much harder than Don’t Die, but then the rest is like stringing three of the IXs on Ian’s list together. So maybe it’s XII if my other two routes are really XI. Or if The Hurting and Don’t Die are really grade X then Anubis might make it into XI. I’ll keep thinking about it..."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...