UKC

More problems at Foredale Quarry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Musgrove 16 May 2011
I have just had a message from the local national park ranger that Mr Pearson, the farmer who owns the land on the approach to Foredale has once again been upset by recent incidents involving parking, noise and dogs. I'm not sure of the details but I am told he is once again considering restricting access.

I am not in a position to go and see him this week to sort things out so if anyone is planning a trip this week please keep a low profile, be considerate and follow all the instructions on the BMC notices on site.

Dave
 Ken Taylor 16 May 2011
In reply to Dave Musgrove: Dave - I'm organising Kendal MC's meet tomorrow (Tues 17th) which was planned to be at Foredale. We think it may be sensible to go somewhere else, and so avoid inflaming the situation. I wondered about Moughton Nab but see on the BMC RAD that access to Moughton shares the same car parkign as Foredale. Is it possible to take a group to Moughton without aggravating the current sensitivities at Foredale?
 tmawer 16 May 2011
In reply to Ken Taylor:

It is possible to walk up to Maughton Nab and park (before Foredale) as for Panorama Crag. There is, however, very limited parking so may depend on numbers.
 Paul Clarke 16 May 2011
In reply to Ken Taylor: If there are a lot of cars you can use the old approach (from shared Panorama parking 2-3 vehicles max) or better still have some park back near the working quarry. A footpath leads up its edge and joins the one leading straight up to the Nab

P
 Ken Taylor 18 May 2011
In reply to Dave Musgrove: KMC had planned to go there last night (Tues 17th) but persistent rain forced us to Ingleton Wall. I went to the usual car park and waited a while in case any club members turned up. During this time, I was not challenged by or saw anyone.
OP Dave Musgrove 19 May 2011
In reply to Ken Taylor:

Thanks Ken, I'm planning a visit tomorrow to see if I can resolve the situation.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...