UKC

TODAY: Houlding, Bransby, Long and Pickles LIVE

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 16 May 2011
Bean on the first ascent of El Falcon Desmochada, Patagonia, 4 kbBean Bowers is an American climber, alpinist and skier. He has been diagnosed with cancer.

Some of his UK friends: Ben Bransby, Leo Houlding, Adam Long and Jason Pickles are holding a fundraiser at the The Maynard Hotel, Grindleford on 12th June 2011, 7 -10pm

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3725

MattH 17 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

BTW, it's Grindleford village sports day on the afternoon of Sunday 12th June. Come join in the fun! It's the first day of carnival week.

I'll spread the word to the local climbers.

MattH
 Ben Bransby 22 May 2011
Just heard from Roc Over in Manchester. They are selling tickets, and have also donated 3 12 climb passes to the wall for the auction. Cheers guys!
Various auction items/tombola prizes have been arriving at my house - it's looking like there will be some pretty good stuff available.
If you're after more info or tickets you can also PM me through here or email me direct.
 Ben Bransby 07 Jun 2011
In reply to Ben Bransby: Quick reminder that this is going on this Sunday. As stated in the link above you can get tickets from the folks at Outside, The Climbing Works, Roc Over in Manch or via me. The venue is pretty big so there should be plenty of tickets avaliable on the door.

RAB have also recently agreed to help out with some more auction items (4 Jackets) which is awesome, so as well as 3 lectures there is also over £2500 worth of gear up for auction so depending on how rich/hit by the financial crisis/drunk people are there could well be some pretty good bargins to be had.

A few items for auction/tombola:

Patagonia, Rab and Berghaus Jackets
DMMs new ropes (singles and doubles)
Evolv rock boots
Entries to Climbing Works and Roc Over
Peak Bouldering guide (hot off the press - if they make it on time!)
DVDs
Books
Chalk bags
etc

Mick has also promised a special UKC/Mick Ryan item!

For a full list of what there is so far (including size and colour where known) you can visit the Beyond Hope blog: http://climbersblogs.blogspot.com/

Big thanks once again to all the sponsors:
Patagonia
Rab
Outside
DMM
Evolv
UKC/Mick
The Climbing Works
Roc Over Climbing
Posing Productions
Vertebrate Publishing

All money made from the entries, tombola and auction will be going to help Bean out in America: www.beanfever.com

Come along and give Leo a heckle!

Michael Ryan 11 Jun 2011
 Adam Long 12 Jun 2011
In reply to Mick Ryan - Senior Editor - UKC:

BUMP!

Give yourself a break from this miserable weather tonight with some beautiful photos, funny stories and cheap gear!

Tickets are selling fast so if you're planning on buying on the door it'll be worth getting there in plenty of time...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...