UKC

Dave Macleod in Norway with Goretex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jacobjlloyd 17 May 2011
Please please take the time to click on this link and vote for me!

http://apps.facebook.com/gore-experiencetour/vote_detail_norway.php?voteid=...

Im not the strongest climber, but Im up for committing above gear, and taking big lobs, so the resulting fim might make good watching. Its a chance to do a good deed for the day, at the cost of a few clicks! I honestly think I would be a good choice. Support a fellow ukc addict!

Thanks!

For those who like to keep reading, and need more persuading, here is why I think I am right for this, and would be better than the others to watch:
>I am up for climbing onsight unknown routes at my limit on trad in the rain. Did it last weekend and it was brilliant!
>Falling off is normal for me on trad, because I want to climb harder routes than i can! Good to watch. Plus I often scream like a frightened little girl as I fall, earning me the nickname 'juanita' in the past. Extra humour factor.
>im not totally rubbish, so the routes might look cool, and will likely be steep. Better climbing and shooting in the rain!
>I have learned to prussik well, from getting shut down seconding out of my league, so there would be more camera time for Dave to crush, which is what we all want to see anyway.
>I really need some waterproofs. My first winter climbing was in cotton, due to poverty. This is my chance to finally own a waterproof coat! (Sob story win!)
>Encouraging others is what I do. I love seeing other people crush through their limits nearly as much as I enjoy bombarding mine! Not quite as introverted as the average climber perhaps. Might be more interesting on tele?

The best reason of course is... I really really ant to go. This is my heaven. Send a climber to heaven for two weeks by voting!

Climbing love

Jake
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 17 May 2011
In reply to jacobjlloyd:

Interesting(!) that Gore want access to my basic FaceBook Info, to send me e-mails, post to my wall and have access to my photos and videos before I can get to that page. I don't think so!

Chris
OP jacobjlloyd 17 May 2011
In reply to Chris Craggs: I am pretty sure that is just to prevent voting cheats, forcing proof that the profiles actually exist. It has made getting friends to vote considerably more challenging! Thanks for the click anyway though Chris, and keep up the whole 'being a legend' thing you've got going on!
 Brendan 17 May 2011
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Yeah, I didn't sign up for the same reason.
 LITTLE SAM 17 May 2011
In reply to jacobjlloyd: Hey didnt want to arse kiss over UKC, but there are loads of good looking profiles for many climbers so check them all out!

Including mine, hence im writing this. But be cool to get UKC readers to look at all the profiles before they vote.

P.s for anyof you that read it the 8c+ is still alluding me .

xx
OP jacobjlloyd 17 May 2011
In reply to LITTLE SAM: Yeah, shameless canvassing is terrible, but I'll take what I can get! It is obviously the ideal opportunity to learn and have an awesome adventure. Whoever gets in is going to have a whooole lot of fun : )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...