UKC

odd size feet, odd sizing climbing shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 25 May 2011
Ive just had my feet measured for the first time in years. My left foot is about 1/2 size better than my right. No real problem for normal shoes, but a right pain for climbing shoes. Is there anywhere I can get odd sized climbing shoes?
 deepsoup 25 May 2011
In reply to goldmember:
Evolv used to do odd sized pairs to order, but I've got a feeling they've stopped doing it now.
 jon 25 May 2011
In reply to goldmember:

I think from time to time companies try this but give up. One-sport did just that. But half a size isn't much. When buying a regular pair, obviously you have to buy for the large foot. My feet are 42 left and 40 right. I've always managed by buying really tight for the left. Just got used to it and don't really notice it.
 Mr Lopez 25 May 2011
In reply to goldmember & Jon:

The 'Au vieux campeur' branch in Sallanches had loads of odd sized pairs at discounted prices last time i was there. No idea how they happen to have them, but may be worth a visit/e-mail/call.

Wonko The Sane 25 May 2011
In reply to goldmember: I have this problem except I'm a full size bigger one side. In the end I just bought to fit the larger foot and it hasn't really been a problem, but then I don't exactly climb at the edge of the envelope!
 Styx 25 May 2011
In reply to goldmember: My left foot is a half size larger than my right too. Buy unlined leather shoes that will stretch up to a full size and hope for the best, I've not had too many issues doing this, the right rarely gets too floppy.
 Offwidth 25 May 2011
In reply to goldmember: Wear a thicker sock on one foot than the other.
 Edd_Harris 25 May 2011
In reply to goldmember: I can trump the lot of you, two sizes difference. I just wear socks and shoes somewhere between the two sizes. I am a bit picky about shoes, started with Boreal Jokers which seem to fit everyone, now got a pair of evolve pontas. I do find lace ups give you a bit more adjustment, just don't expect edging on the small foot to be quite as easy, but as mentioned above, its only half a size.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...