UKC

OI NEWS: VIDEO: Arc'teryx 2011 Harness Designs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 31 May 2011
Arcteryx R320a, 10 kbIn this video, Arc'teryx designer Ian Martin explains what makes the new Spring 2011 Warp Strength harnesses even better, lighter and more comfortable. An insider's look into the designer's thought process and how the new shaping improves performance...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3754
 Alkis 01 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

I bought myself a B360a for my 25th birthday. Fantastic harness, you climb in it and it feels like you aren't wearing anything at all. I wanted the 360 because of the 6 gear loops but as it turns out, each gear loop is so huge that 4 would have been more than enough.

Only problem I found is that if you hang in it for long enough, no matter what fancy design they have in the leg loops, the same thing happens that you get with every other harness, your legs start hurting.
 StuLade 01 Jun 2011
In reply to Zardoz: Where did you pick up the B360a, haven't seen it anywhere in the UK yet?
 standard 01 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Ridiculously good harnesses.
I have last year's R-320 and, even though there's nothing wrong with it, am thinking of buying the S-220. A bit addictive!
 Alkis 02 Jun 2011
In reply to StuLade:

I actually ordered it from the States. Including delivery and import fees, it came to about £150, which will be the RRP here when it is launched.
 La benya 02 Jun 2011
In reply to Zardoz:
£150 for a harness are you f'ing serious?!
Your mental mate... Next time your feeling flush by some crack or something fun
 Alkis 03 Jun 2011
In reply to mark_wellin:

Yeah, well, I thought that when I first saw the price. In fact, I thought that when I saw the price of the "cheaper" ones they make, at 90-100 quid. Then I somehow justified it because it was my 25th. :-P

Well happy with it, though.
 Scarab 03 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

I always thought that Arcyteryx was a bit of a daft make. Bad fit (american fit) and way over engineered for what it is to pathetic levels. A jacket is a jacket.

But the Harnesses, god almighty, head and sholder way better than any make out there. Theyre both lighter, much much more comfortable and take lots less space. The only annoyong thing is the gear loops, but thats a taste thing I guess.

If you ever want to buy something expensive buy these harnesses!!
 Scarab 03 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Ps: Sometimes I forget that Im actually wearing it in the first place, you dont notice it.
 munro 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Scarab:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> I always thought that Arcyteryx was a bit of a daft make. Bad fit (american fit)

why american?
chuffer 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Scarab:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> I always thought that Arcyteryx was a bit of a daft make. Bad fit (american fit)

They're Canadian you lummox

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...