UKC

Job app question?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
El-Mariachi 01 Jun 2011

Genuinely confused on this one!

If you applied for a job with a company who are very similar to the one you are already working, (same products etc)can they say "they cant consider you as there is conflict of interest"?? after already saying they are taking on and would like to receive your CV personally?

weirded right out on this one. If you could expand would be great.

cheers

In reply to El-Mariachi: known this to occur with FMCG companies, thought it may have changed since. I got headhunted for a company Y. Mentioned I had worked with X in the past and they called it a day!
 Paddy Duncan 01 Jun 2011
In reply to El-Mariachi:
Do they expect an existing employment contract to prohibit being employed by a rival company and fear litigation? Happened to me once, although luckily I hadn't signed one..
In reply to Paddy Duncan: one issue can be cartel creation or the insinuation of by cross over of or collusion of staff. Has happened twice in my current industry.
In reply to El-Mariachi: i'd say its more likely your current employer will have something in your contract regarding to taking a similar job within a certain time period and within a geographical radius than the prospective employer not wanting to take you on for the same reason.
 EeeByGum 02 Jun 2011
In reply to El-Mariachi: I guess if they took you on, there is a risk to them that you may pass secrets and information back to your former company?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...