UKC

NEWS: E8 Action at Fairhead - Northern Ireland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Jun 2011
Ricky Bell on his 60m epic new route The Rathlin Effect, 4 kbFairhead regular Ricky Bell has added an epic new route The Rathlin Effect (E8 6c) to the Rathlin Wall, Fairhead.

"It's without doubt the coolest line I've opened in Ireland. Long with some safe runouts and some amazing moves. It felt wild to climb!"

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=62484

In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant - just cannot understand why very few English climbers never to to Fairhead its just "the place" for brilliant trad.
well done Ricky Bell
 Alex@home 02 Jun 2011
In reply to Kipper-Phil Smith:

just got back from second trip there and have to agree. it is such an outstanding place to climb. full on commitment required for most of the routes which just adds to the enjoyment. so many flawless lines up perfect features. can't wait to go back.
i just put a pic in my gallery of ricky on his new route from last saturday - gives a good impression of the scale of the place
 Stone Idle 02 Jun 2011
In reply to Kipper-Phil Smith: Great place - just rains every time I go (for the record - no trip this year - you may be safe)
 Jonny2vests 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Stone Idol:

I went at the weekend, managed to snatch 4 routes in three days between hail showers!!! Would def go back though, it is superb.

Had a brief chat with Ricky et al, who seemed to be sat in the van for days waiting for something approaching decent conditions, good effort mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...