UKC

BMC Peak Area meeting - 8th June 2011 - Staffs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon 02 Jun 2011
The next BMC Peak Area meeting is almost upon us.

It will be near the brutal gritstone paradise of Ramshaw Rocks in Staffordshire, at The Winking Man pub.

Details are here and everyone is welcome.

All the latest access, guidebook and climbing news from the region will be on the menu, as well as issues relevant to clubs and individuals.

Prior to the meeting, from 5pm, the Whillans Hut will be open for anyone who wishes to have a good look round this iconic building. Tea and cakes will also be served.

The BMC’s Peak Newsletter Team, under the guidance of Martin Wass, have produced their 13th Issue, and it is rather good; you can read it here:

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Download.aspx?id=829

Cheers

Si
 andi turner 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Simon:

What time at Winkers?
 Offwidth 03 Jun 2011
In reply to andi turner: 8pm
OP Simon 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Offwidth:

We have decided that the Peak Area meeting is happy to travel round the area over the year and we are sure that the Meeting in the Staffs posts will be well attended.

Please come along and support your local area, it's a chance to use it or loose it... the latter not a prospect we would want - hope to see you there...

Cheers

Si

gingerwolf 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Simon: is Churnet Valley access on the agenda, Simon??

The one time in the year this meeting is actually local to me and I'm back up in Manchester for my mums birthday!! dammit!
 andi turner 04 Jun 2011
In reply to gingerwolf: It may be mentioned.... If you're thinking about the railway line, then I believe it has no effect on the climbing whatsoever.
 Offwidth 04 Jun 2011
In reply to Simon:

I'd second that. The summer BMC Peak area 'climbing roadshow' needs a good turn out from locals (the other venue is a Glossup meet later in the year) if we are going to keep them.

The other benefit of this one is a good chance to climb before the meeting (hence the late start). I'll be at the Roaches with Lynn but will be on rock rather than handing out biscuits (its alright for Lynn... she's injured at present)
 gingerwolf 04 Jun 2011
In reply to andi turner: really? glad about that - but yea, I was referring to the railway
lets hope it doesnt have an effect on the climbing!
Thanks
Lynn BMC President 04 Jun 2011
In reply to Simon:

The agenda, notes from last meeting and associated papers can be found here:

http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=531

Don't forget I'll be at the DWMH from 5pm on Wednesday so pop in for a brew.

Cheers, Moff
 Offwidth 07 Jun 2011
In reply to Moff:

Bump
In reply to Simon:
Anyone driving from Stoke who would be able to accommodate an extra passenger? (Willing to contribute towards petrol obviously.)
Stu.
 Dave Garnett 07 Jun 2011
In reply to Simon:

Really sorry, I now need to be in Glasgow first thing Thursday morning, which means getting the train up tomorrow night.

Very frustrating given the local issues, and I was also looking forward to full and frank exchange of views about the 'improvements' at Lawrencefield.
 Offwidth 07 Jun 2011
In reply to Dave Garnett:

We'll let you off this time... Anything you want to raise let me know and ditto if you want any feedback.
 Offwidth 09 Jun 2011
In reply to Dave Garnett:

No questions or further comments on this after Adam raised it. Lots of other more urgent and important access issues were picked up first though. Wind Farms caused a bit of a hot draught!

Really nice to see so many new folk.

Thanks also for Dave, Rick and Dan for showing me the low start to the Traverse of Man (L to R) on the Roaches Lower Tier. Great fun and kept me busy for a good half hour. Highly recommended for the low V grade boulderer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...