UKC

Advice wanted: 3 season sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tasmat 09 Jun 2011
Hi all. I'm want to replace my 10 year old synthetic sleeping bag with a good 3 season down bag. What recommendations do people have - are there any 3 season bags that are particular good? The RAB neutrino 600 has caught my eye, but the Needle Sports website mention that because it is lighter than equivalent bags, it won't last as long.
 mrchewy 09 Jun 2011
In reply to tasmat: PHD, Cummulus - both extremely light and capable. I have a PHD Minim 300 myself that's rated down to zero and I'm happy to go colder in it.
 lithos 09 Jun 2011
In reply to tasmat:

have a look at the alpkit pipedream series, good value
 TicTacBigToe 09 Jun 2011
In reply to tasmat: have a look at decathlon stuff too I would say. I bought one for about 50 quid and used it in Scotland down to minus 9. Although it is a tad heavy,but really good for the price!
 JWB 10 Jun 2011
In reply to tasmat:

The bag may not last as long but I am still sure it will last a long time if cared for.

Rab made me a bag 20 years ago (550g fill, extra long, no zip, total weight 950g, good for -6 deg C and I sleep cold)
If you compare specs of modern bags my bag is lightweight for its performance and it is still doing very well. I expect at least another 10 years from it.

PHD appear to be the leaders in down equipment and if I was buying another I would go to see them. Though some of their temperature claims seem a bit optimistic.

Otherwise I would buy Rab. The Neutrino series look good or if you want a more durable bag then the Alpine series.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...