UKC

NEWS: New Slate E7 for Johnny Dawes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Jun 2011
Johnny Dawes Montage Portrait, 4 kb

The route named King of the Mezz, climbs leftwards from the belay at the top of the famous Quarryman Groove, to reach the belay of the route Blockhead.

The grade is E7 6c and Johnny climbed the route onsight.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=62713

Henry Iddon 17 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Good skills - life in the old dog yet
 Michael Ryan 17 Jun 2011
 andybenham 17 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News: Ace news...I had the privilage to spend a day's coaching with Johnny in Cornwall earlier this year. Such a nice bloke, got on really well with him and got a lot out of the day.

Ramblin dave 17 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Love the name!
 dannyboy69 17 Jun 2011
Great! Watching my brother's video of Stone Monkey was the start of my obsession with climbing... He's a quirky legend!
 CurlyStevo 17 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Go Johnny! Good to see him back on top of his game and looking leaner and meaner!
 PeterJuggler 17 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News: He climbed a new 7a at High Rocks on Southern Sandstone the other day too.
Grumble 17 Jun 2011
In reply to Ramblin dave: the name is in honour of The Castle Climbing Centres bouldering comp!
 Ramblin dave 17 Jun 2011
In reply to Grumble:
I know.
In reply to UKC News:

"At one point I had to sort of layback on the cheek of my face"...superb! What a legend!
In reply to UKC News:

Next we'll be hearing George Mallory has just done a winter ascent of K2.

Well done Jonny, super impressive!
 chrishedgehog 17 Jun 2011
But what's he ever done on grit?
 Stig 17 Jun 2011
In reply to chrishedgehog: You rogue! Have you checked out the second pic
 zhwang 17 Jun 2011
In reply to Stig:

He's looking quite well compared to that vid of him on Monkey See Monkey Do - where he's raging at his belayer for rope drag. Good to see there's life in the old dog!
 ahaynes 17 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Nice one Johnny.....but how's the book coming along
 jas wood 17 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News: The bloke is an absolute gem and i couldn't think of anyone i'd rather spend a days climbing with (sorry nick).
Eagerly anticipating the book.
Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC) 17 Jun 2011
In reply to jas wood: I heard, and it just a rumour, that he's the new Stig ????
Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC) 17 Jun 2011
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC): Also (yep I've had a beer !) that he's persuaded Davey C to back down on the NHS reforms, he's in Syria now sorting out their problems, has a meeting with the Greek parliament tomorrow, has a dinner date with Pippa Middleton that same evening and taking her up Indian Face Sun morning - not a bad weekend then eh
 royal 19 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Awesome, Johnny is on it! New routes in Cornwall, in Wales, and on Kent Sandstone
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC):
> (In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC)) Also (yep I've had a beer !) that he's persuaded Davey C to back down on the NHS reforms, he's in Syria now sorting out their problems, has a meeting with the Greek parliament tomorrow, has a dinner date with Pippa Middleton that same evening and taking her up Indian Face Sun morning - not a bad weekend then eh

dont think he went to syria as he was definately at cheedale cornice on saturday.

Cheers
Tim
 Alkis 20 Jun 2011
Wow, it looks like he's lost weight! Back in form, Johnny!
 Mike Nolan 20 Jun 2011
In reply to Zardoz: I thought that!

Amazing effort Johnny. He is pretty inspirational to watch climbing, hopefully we will see him on some E9s and 10s soon!?
 phayes 21 Jun 2011
Great Jumper.
 hexcentric 21 Jun 2011
In reply to Zardoz:
He's certainly looking trimmer than in that awful Monkey See DVD.
It looked like he was fattening up to become a winter climber.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...