UKC

Staden Quarry Plaaning Decision

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Mason 24 Jun 2011
The Buxton Advertiser has reported that the latest planning application for Staden Quarry has been rejected. Over 140 letters against the application with only 1 for it were received by the council. Others to object included the Peak Park, English Heritage, Derbyshire County Council and others
In response to the application the planners stated that the application had more holes in it than swiss cheese. The timescale submitted for the removal of the processed stone still in the quarry had been vastly under-estimated and it could not be shown that there was a guarantee that the plant would be built at the end of it. The planning rejection came only a few weeks after the landowner had demolished a building identified as national important by English Heritage.
I hope the landowner will now have a good hard look at the findings of the planning committee and will not waste any more money by submitting a further application. I also hope that landwoners representative was being truthful when he said to me that access would be restored to the quarry regardless of the results of the planning application
 Alex@home 24 Jun 2011
In reply to Dave Mason:

excellent news on the decision and let's hope access is indeed restored soon.
i'm a bit confused though, i thought the quarry was still owned by the farmer and he is not the party that had submitted the application (that being buxton water iirc). am i wrong? is the site now owned by buxton water?
 caradoc 24 Jun 2011
In reply to Dave Mason: What is the situation regarding climbing now? The advice was to respect the new 'no climbing' signs and avoid climbing until the process was complete. There are some routes I want to do there and I am inclined to just go and do them. Have people been climbing there recently?
 Coel Hellier 24 Jun 2011
In reply to caradoc:

> The advice was to respect the new 'no climbing' signs and avoid climbing until the process was complete.

As reported at the BMC Peak Area meeting the landowner had promised to restore access after the planning decision, whatever the outcome (and it was noted that he kept a similar promise after the last planning application was refused). It is probably a good idea to wait for a bit to give him the opportunity to remove the signs.
 ChrisJD 24 Jun 2011
In reply to Dave Mason:

Full decision notice can be viewed here:

http://planning.highpeak.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PK...

Last document at bottom.
 Dan Lane 24 Jun 2011
In reply to Caradoc:

Yes, after being at the last few BMC meeting it would be best for the future of climbing at Staden if you could avoid climbing there until the landowner gives us access again. This is because he doesnt have to give us any access and could close it to climbing permanently whenever he wishes, so it is in our interest to keep in his good books.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...