UKC

Hand cream.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Microwired22 24 Jun 2011
Hi All,

Thought i'd share something i've found..

"PALMER'S COCOA BUTTER FORMULA-with vitamin E" is what it's called, picked it up at Tesco's- Pretty cheap too £2-3, i've tried a lot of stuff for my hands as i get band fingers from slate climbing and bad dry hands from chalk use. Find this stuff excellent for after session and relieves the soreness nicely.

Thought i'd share incase anyone else suffers, much cheaper than the proper climbing balm.

C
 Rich L 24 Jun 2011
In reply to CragRat_Trad:

Totally agree, and you can often get it as a '3 for the price of 2' offer that Boots and Superdrugs regularly do on hand creams which makes it even better value.

I've never used proper climbing balm, and I got it after doing a search on here as my pads were getting trashed from being able to climb reasonably regularly for the first time.

Just make sure it's the concentrated hand cream in a tube and not the all-purpose stuff in the tub-it's way too greasy.

I cannot believe I have written so much about hand cream.

Rich

The Lemming 24 Jun 2011
In reply to Rich L:

> I cannot believe I have written so much about hand cream.
>
> Rich

Neither can I, but then I am of an age where we do not consider such sissy stuff.

david14 24 Jun 2011
In reply to CragRat_Trad: Aldi are doing 7 for 3 on pink glittery moisturising lip gloss, bad dry hands from chalk & soreness, oh dear.
OP Microwired22 25 Jun 2011
In reply to david14: youre the one bringing up pink glittery lip gloss....oh dear.
 ashley1_scott 25 Jun 2011
In reply to CragRat_Trad:

Im one of those lucky people that does not really trash my hands while climbing, but that might be as im only climbing F6b+ and bouldering upto V5.
That being said, I dont use chalk on easy stuff, and use Neutrogena hand cream as and when needed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...