UKC

MSR Hubba Hubba HP Owners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RhysRolfe 25 Jun 2011
I’m currently looking for a tent and have narrowed it down to either the hubba hubba hp or the msr hoop, I like the weight of the hubba hubba hp but I’m not certain that it will fit 2 large mats in (i.e. 63cm mats) has anyone got experience of doing this?
 Hannes 25 Jun 2011
In reply to RhysRolfe: Why not go in to a proper shop and try putting it up?
OP RhysRolfe 25 Jun 2011
In reply to Hannes:Thanks i looked into that but there arent any in kent, the nearest i could find were in bristol which is a bit far to go, at least before seeing if i can find someone who already knows.
OP RhysRolfe 25 Jun 2011
In reply to thin bob: thanks for pointing that out i had seen that measurement quoted but i was hoping that someone would have some practical experience of whether the extra 20mm of the mats would squeeze in or not.
 thin bob 25 Jun 2011
In reply to RhysRolfe:
apologies, my maths isn't what it used to be .....

more dumb questions: are the mats self inflating foam things? karrimats would simply overlap each other a bit, but thermarests might just push the walls out a bit. can't see a huge problem in that, would expect a bit of leeway/flex..i'm sure MSR etc would have accounted for the width of two 'standard' mats.

i suppose the only real way is to try it in the flesh...over to you, the great umwashed UKC public!

(PS have you tried asking on outdoors magic as well?)
OP RhysRolfe 25 Jun 2011
In reply to thin bob: yes there the large self inflating type, I think you probably right about there being some leeway but I don't want to buy the tent just to find out if I can avoid it!
OP RhysRolfe 25 Jun 2011
In reply to thin bob: Will also try asking on outdoors magic thanks.
 geordiepie 25 Jun 2011
In reply to RhysRolfe:

Hi mate....I've got one and it fits two thermrest prolites in with plenty of room to spare....these are about 55cm wide so think 2x63cm will be ok.
OP RhysRolfe 25 Jun 2011
In reply to geordiepie: Thanks for the info, how do you find the head height in the main tent and vestibule area for cooking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...