UKC

DMM Alpha Sport Quick Draw Deal!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
DMM Alpha Sport Quick Draw Deal

Buy any set of 5 (12cm & 18cm ) Quick Draws for only £75.00!
http://www.joe-brown.com/outdoor-equipment/rock-climbing-gear/quick-draws/d...

DMM Alpha Sport Quickdraw Set

The Alpha Sport Qucikdraw combines two state-of-the-art Alpha Pro and Clip biners to make a perfect qucickdraw for sport climbers:

Alpha Pro:
The Alpha Pro is the ultimate solid gate, sport climbing biner. And here’s why: If you do a lot of sport climbing a solid gate design makes sense. Bolt hangers can be very unforgiving of lightweight biners, particularly if you are dogging about and taking repeated redpoint falls.
This set up is very sophisticated. The Alpha Pro is designed to make clipping the bolt wire, peg etc. as secure, quick and easy as possible. It is strong, easy to handle and light. As with the other Alpha biners it has moved the I Beam design forward another level, and will be the template for future carabiner design.

Alpha Pro Features:

The ultimate solid gate, sport climbing biner

Strong and lightweight I-Beam construction

Safer, deeper bolt basket

Easy to handle, grippy shape

Generous 8.5mm radius

Clean nose profile to reduce snagging

Most importantly: Beta Stick compatible!

Alpha Clip:
DMM designed the Alpha Clip to be the most ‘clip friendly’ biner ever made. The bent gate, with its flared-out barrel shape works in perfect harmony with the kinked and groove-patterned back bar. It just feels so right, handles so well, and most importantly the rope always goes in first time. Try it out and you’ll see what we mean.
The depth of the basket is deeper offering greater security once clipped. A variable width 26 mm nylon draw is the perfect partner for these biners, easy to grab, robust and tapered down to 16 mm where it sits securely on the biner, ensuring correct loading of the set up.

Alpha Clip Features:

The ultimate bent gate, sport climbing biner

Exceptional ‘clipability’

Strong and lightweight I-Beam construction

Safer, deeper rope basket

Easy to handle, grippy shape

Generous 8.5mm rope radius

Clean nose profile to reduce snagging

Specifications:
Gate Close: 24 kN
Gate Open: 9 kN
Minor Axis: 8 kN
Gate Open: 22/25mm (Pro/Clip)
Weight: 104g (for 12cm Quickdraw)
 FreshSlate 06 Jul 2011
In reply to Joe Brown Shops: I really don't like those colours!
 Fraser 09 Jul 2011
In reply to Joe Brown Shops:
>
> Alpha Pro Features:
>
> ..... Most importantly: Beta Stick compatible!

How does this work with a beta stick? I've never had much success with solid-gated crabs on a beta stick.
 standard 20 Jul 2011
In reply to Fraser:
The had a look at them last week. The gate has a little edge on it, which I assume the beta stick sort of hooks onto.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...