Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Ariege guidebooks

jonny taylor on 29 Jun 2011
Can anybody advise on guidebooks for the Ariège region? We're looking at 10 days out there at the end of the summer and I don't really know where to begin. The article on here about the Dent d'Orlu (which was what got us interested!) lists a large number of guidebooks, each of which seems to be a definitive guide to very small areas or even individual mountains. Is there a more selective guide I could track down that would give an overview of the area and help us make up our minds where to consider going? There's so much out there I'm finding it impossible to know where to begin!

I've found loads of topos to individual routes on the CAF Montagnards Ariégeois website, but again there is almost too much to look through. Any suggestions either of a single guidebook/website I could browse, or of particular areas people would recommend, would be very welcome...
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums