UKC

PHD Minim 300

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Nolan 04 Jul 2011
I ordered one of these before. Does anyone have anything to say about them? I wanted a minimus, but it wouldn't have arrived in time. There isn't much on the internet about them either!
In reply to Mike Nolan:

PhD stuff is usually well received on OutdoorsMagic. Not sure if you know the history, but PH is the guy who founded Mountain Equipment. It seems to have a bit of a 'small company' feel to it, including erratic communications and manufacturing, but the final products are well-regarded.

Have a look at the OM hits for this google search:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=554...
 AndyC 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Have a Minim 500 which they only offer as a special in sales. The first one I sent back because it had a cold area at thigh level. The replacement is much better. Also have a Minim 800 which I've used up to 7000m.

IMO they are great bags, but I guess the majority of people would hate not having a zip. I like the simplicity and the weight saving.

If you are of the larger persuasion you may find it a bit claustrophobic, the 800 especially is quite snug.
 galpinos 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Mike Nolan:

What do you want to know? Warmer and a little heavier than a Minimus, cooler and a little lighter than the Minim 400?

Used it for the OMM, LAMM and summer camping. I've got the drishell no zip option and it's pretty versatile. The drishell coped well with intermittent showers.

What're you wanting to use it for?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...