UKC

A question about Ratho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BWoodward 18 Jul 2011
Having just travelled to Ratho on Saturday for some training during the wet weekend, an important question was raised by my climbing partner:

Which flapjacks at Ratho are better for your pre/mid/post climbing snack? Which have fuelled more sucessful redpoint ascents? The old bannana flapjacks or the apple and cinnamon flapjacks which were in the cafe on Saturday?

Combined with some quality routes they made the weather slightly more bearable.

Ben
 AlasdairM 18 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward: I'm scoffing the out of date energy bars from Tiso at the moment - half price and delicious. Most of the time energy bars just live in my biking pack for consumption several years after purchase, but the Licquorice Allsort Mule bar is lovely.
 rallymania 18 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward:

dunno but i heard the cafe management have had requests for payment terms on some of their products.

StuMsg 18 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward:
My friend had a chocolate chip one their once, he highly recommended it to me
 creag 18 Jul 2011
In reply to StuMsg:
It all looks lovely until you see the prices.... I just walk by and aspire to be as rich as those that can afford the stuff!
 Sam Burns 18 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward:

Apple and cinamon, looking forward to the next batch of fruit slice though, and the chocolate brownies give guaranteed 8a onsighting...
 SarahW1979 20 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward:

The apple and cinnamon ones jumped me up a least one grade.....imagine how well I would have climbed if I had also worn my "lucky" red t shirt? Next time...
 kwoods 20 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward: Nah, Cliff bars are where it's at. /sarc
(Although taste great)
 Robert Durran 20 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward:

The most important thing about training at Ratho is to time your approach to the cafe to get the reduced price baguette sandwiches which have reached their sell by date. Too early and thery are not reduced, too late and they've gone. The critical window can be quite small. It has taken me years of practice and I'm stil working on it.
 Conf#2 20 Jul 2011
In reply to Robert Durran:

And by reduced you mean free? I love it when this happens!
 Robert Durran 20 Jul 2011
In reply to confusicating:
> (In reply to Robert Durran)
>
> And by reduced you mean free? I love it when this happens!

Ideally, but this really does rquire timing to perfection. I've even had a free coffee by making my move when the coffee machins is still on, but the till shut down.

Conf#2 20 Jul 2011
In reply to Robert Durran:

I've only ever got them for free. Must be lucky!
 irdial 21 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward:

Get a life bawbags.
 Fraser 22 Jul 2011
In reply to BWoodward:

There is a plan to introduce IFAs in the foyer to give mortgage advice prior to entering into such purchasing agreements with the cafe operators. I suggest renting one first before committing to the outright purchase.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...