UKC

Which Quickdraw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
England2011 19 Jul 2011
Hi All,

Just wondered, if there's any real difference between the DMM Spectre and DMM Prowire. Looks like there's a few deals atm and can't decide, which to go for.

Thanks
In reply to Dan1984: the spectre is I-beam technology I think and is slightly (unnoticably) lighter than the prowire. I like the look of the spectres over the prowires but that's all i'd say
England2011 19 Jul 2011
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Any noticeable difference in size or are they both full size caribiners?
In reply to Dan1984: i've used both and never noticed a difference in handling i.e. I've never gone to clip one and thought 'I wish this was my prowire or Spectre'!.

I don't have the exact figures about open gate strength and size etc but I doubt there's much in it. Just go with the cheapest!
England2011 19 Jul 2011
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Yeah wasn't too bothered about specs, was just wondering if there was a noticeable difference. Both seem to be about the same price. so i'll go for the spectre, as they look a bit nicer

Wish they was blue like the prowires though!

Thanks.
In reply to Dan1984: yeah but the colouring (anodising) quickly gets chipped and scratched though so I'd go with the spectre's - they are much better looking anyway!
 Harry Ellis 19 Jul 2011
In reply to Dan1984: prowires are actually about half the price aren't they?
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Rock-Climbing-Equipment/Karabiners/St...
England2011 19 Jul 2011
In reply to thegoatstroker: I think theyre usually cheaper. but found a deal for a set of 5 for £50.00 . i know the prowire sets are on special offer atm as well but havnt found any sites selling them for less than 50. I also meant the original spectre and not spectre 2, which are a bit cheaper
 sianabanana 24 Jul 2011
In reply to Dan1984:

Is this what you are looking for? £40
http://www.fieldandtrek.com/dmm-pro-wire-quickdraw-5-pack-788091
 LukeyG 24 Jul 2011
In reply to Dan1984: or the wc xenons are cheap on jb's atm, nice full size biner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...