UKC

Permanently Mark Exped 4 Compass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MtnGeekUK 20 Jul 2011
Hi all,

Anyone know the best way to permanently mark a number of Silva Exped 4 Compasses?

Have bought a number of them for work and want to make sure that noone can nick and claim as their own!

Obviously, I could take a sharp point to them and do it myself, but want it to look reasonably tidy.

Went to a local engravers and they didn't fancy it much - needs to be something that won't impact on the function of the compasses.

Any ideas?

In reply to si_pritch: i would just score them with a pin, somewhere that's not noticeable.
In reply to si_pritch: not a great deal you can do if you don't want to engrave them yourself. You're probably best adding one of the labelled zip ties to each and then just keeping a good track on usage.
 thin bob 20 Jul 2011
In reply to si_pritch:
cheap engraving tool, or do it yourself with a drillbit etc.
you could do it with a soldering iron or hot nail, might mess the baseplate up a bit/be rough.
 rupes4india 07 Aug 2011
In reply to si_pritch: I have just Googled the web for plastic engraving. There are lots of companies which can do what you want. Of course it is a case of whether you can afford it. Personally, I would be inclined to get them done as they can be expensive to replace on a regular basis - unless you include the price of one in your course pricing system.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...