UKC

OI NEWS: Sole Power! Thousands Of Fake Vibram Soles Seized

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 25 Jul 2011
Vibram Logo, 3 kbVibram, the world leader in high performance rubber soles, have announced they've 'secured an important victory' in their ongoing 'fight to defend the brand'. Moulds and thousands of fake soles were seized in China.

The success follows an intense period of investigations after the initial seizure of several thousands of pairs of fake soles and heels in China in January.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3935

Nuddy 26 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:
I have a pair of boots with a Vibram sole - and they have the worst friction of any shoe I have ever had (by a very large margin) - could this be the reason?
 Murd 26 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Be nice if they gave you a clue what to look out for rather than just blowing smoke up there own arse for a job done?
 Scarab 26 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Not sure if this includes the five fingers.

HoHo, I bought a pair of these fakes, for 19£ including delivery from China on ebay. Theyre not that bad, they were supposed to be VIBRAM five finger KSOs, but were more comparable to Vibram classic in quality. Still going strong after a year.

Regarding gripiness, this can be different from sole to sole. Boot soles tend to be made to last longer, longer lasting soles are always less grippy no matter the marketing jargong.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...