UKC

PRODUCT NEWS/VIDEOS: REPORT: OutDoor 2011 - Rock Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 29 Jul 2011
OutDoor Boot Review Montage , 5 kbThe stars were out at OutDoor 2011 to give us the low down on rock shoe developments for the coming season. In this second report, Alan James talks to Yuji Hirayama and Stefan Glowacz amongst others to find out the latest developments.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3925
 Luk e 29 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

whats the name of the model of those new super sticky boreal rock shoes?!
 David Peters 29 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Interesting stuff, I feel a shopping spree is required as soon as the bank manager clears it

P.S. Could some one please tell Ryan that there is no 't' in Anasazi
 Marcus Buckley 29 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Call me cynical but I bet Boreal don't supply all their new shoes complete with magnets... Would be good on a metal wall though.
 Andy_B39 29 Jul 2011
In reply to Marcus Buckley: I was thinking the same thing. Does look a bit like theyve got magnets in the toe.
 gear boy 29 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

You can do the trick Yuji does with the Boreals to most new out the box shoes, done it in stores for years, just put the toes together push, and give a little twist, and they stick.

The important thing with sticky rubber, for those who notice the difference is that it holds shape too, i.e. doesnt roll off a hold or creep too much, i think its something to do with hysteresis.

sticky rubber wont make a difference if you dont keep it clean!
 andi turner 29 Jul 2011
In reply to Andy_B39: I've got some of this new rubber, it really does that!

I've just put some pictures up on my twitter #anditurner

Even been up and down Tophet Wall, down the screes etc in them, still sticky.
 Karl Bromelow 30 Jul 2011
In reply to David Peters:

That Anas"t"azi thing is a mild irritation isn't it? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it properly. Poor show when one of their reps gets it wrong though, eh?

I wonder if it all comes from a confusion with the familiar tennis star of the 70's and 80's, Ilie Nastase.
 Keendan 30 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

The boreal rubber looks a bit weird,

I thought you want a high coefficient of friction between rubber and rock, rather than an actually sticky surface. Is it a bit like dipping your toes in treacle?
 mloskot 01 Aug 2011
In reply to Marcus Buckley:
> Would be good on a metal wall though.

Perhaps it's a special pair of shoes dedicated for Alain Robert.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...