UKC

Drytooling Hertfordshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 laurentb 30 Jul 2011
Anyone know of some chalk outcrops or some walls for some tooling in hertfordshire area???? I come from Bishops Stortford
OP laurentb 30 Jul 2011
In reply to laurentb: bump
 Tom Last 30 Jul 2011
In reply to laurentb:

Hi Laurentb.

There's some chalk over just north of Luton and a bit over near the A5 cutting near Dustable.
There's some minging chalk walls above the Meads between Ware and Hertford tt I used to see from my train to work, but they were (are) behind warehouses.

There are a few chalk quarries scattered around the A10 north to Cambridge too and of course there is (was?) Cherry Hinton (Cambridge).

Cherry Hinton is the only one of these I've ever climbed in - I wouldn't want to climb somewhere worse!

Good luck!
OP laurentb 30 Jul 2011
In reply to Southern Man: apprently cherry hinton has been closed...... any other ideas??? Some general Locations would be grand . or if anyone else knows of a wall or bridge out of the way somewhere it would be grand ta.
 Tom Last 30 Jul 2011
In reply to laurentb:

Do you know to what extent it's been closed? Might be alright as you were never really allowed in there anyway.
OP laurentb 30 Jul 2011
In reply to Southern Man: i only know from this website http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1198

oh the joys of living in southern england.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...