UKC

Wide feet?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
boulder46 31 Jul 2011
I have really wide feet and im looking for a brand of climbing shoes that will fit comfortably and my feet will properly fit into. I've tried scarpas and evolvs but my feet are too wide for both and they tend to pinch my skin. Any suggestions would be great!
 sjminfife 31 Jul 2011
In reply to Ellanah: Sorry I have wide feet and Scarpa's are my usual choice. However there are a range of lasts,which ones did you try? My Thunders are quite wide.
sjm
 antdav 31 Jul 2011
Five ten galileo's are designed for wide feet, may be worth a try. The Scarpa vantage have laces a long way down the foot so should be able to accomodate most widths
 Brannock 31 Jul 2011
In reply to Ellanah:
Have you tried 5.10 galileos? Ive got stupidly wide feet and they are about the only climbing shoes that really fit.
 sjminfife 31 Jul 2011
In reply to Brannock: I think I'll give these a shot next time.
sjm
 simon kimber 31 Jul 2011
In reply to Ellanah:
Also worth trying 5.10 verdes. Most sportivas and boreals are wide fitting too.
 Dave Ing 31 Jul 2011
In reply to Ellanah:
The squarer end of my new Sportiva Katanas suits a wider foot, plus allowed me to bunch toes and fit my size 12 feet into a size 9 shoe comfortablyish.
 TobyA 01 Aug 2011
In reply to Ellanah: Some Scarpas and some Sportivas fit my very fat feet. I also recently had a pair of Mammut Velpros that were an excellent fit.

Boreals have always been a disaster for me - way too narrow, and 5.10s not great although that is often more to do with my ankle bone rubbing.

Oddly some rather twisted designs fit my wide feet well, hence my current good shoes are Sportiva Miura lace, whilst the Katana laces (less twist) were a bad fit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...