UKC

NEW ARTICLE: The World's Longest Climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 04 Aug 2011
 Pakistan radiates colour from every vehicle, 4 kbThe Dead Sea, 420m below sea level, is not the most obvious Base Camp for an attempt on Mt Everest. However, in order to do the world's longest climb, that is where the Everestmax team started.

They cycled over 8000km through the Middle East and Asia before reaching Mt Everest in Tibet and summiting.

Pauline Sanderson explains why this expedition was such a success both in terms of adventure and the people they met on the way...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3957

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 04 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great effort!

Chris
Clauso 04 Aug 2011

What have they done on grit?
ice.solo 05 Aug 2011

great gig! what a trip.

tho as a pedant for such things they climbed from nepal - not tibet - as the initial post states.
might have been another chapter or two in the book had they.
 Andy S 05 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: a great piece of writing. I found the last paragraph, in particular, emotive and inspiring.
mb35 06 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: The deepest cave in the world is just over 2km deep in Georgia (former USSR)....new longest climb challenge?
duckman 06 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: Superb article and looking forward to reading the book. Phil Sanderson, an inspiring teacher,took me through my ML training and spoke a bit about the trip,should be cracking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...