UKC

Trad and sport climbing in Austria, Croatia, and Germany

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 greyfox 05 Aug 2011
Has anyone any experience at trad or sports climbing in Austria, Croatia, and Germany? I'm looking for suitable venues but would much prefer trad suggestions. I'm hoping to fill two weeks with as much climbing as possible and already have a few suggestions but could always do with more.
 brianrunner 06 Aug 2011
In reply to j.hale:
Haven't climbed there before but going out this weekend for a few weeks.

The wilderkaiser in Austria -near the german border and the towns of st johan, kufstein. Looks like some of the best multi-pitch in Austria. There are a few good looking 1-3 pitch bolted crags too.

Watzmann/Gollstock area in Germany but around Salzburg as well has heaps of routes.

This website and the linked guidebook has a lot of info. I bought the guidebook - it is top quality and covers a large area of northern austria.

http://www.bergsteigen.at/
 mountaingoat50 07 Aug 2011
In reply to j.hale: My advice would be to include Paklenica in Croatia on your itinerary;although many of the longer routes have been partly equipped the bolts are very well-spaced and the climbs themselves are absolutely brilliant.You will need to place additional gear on route but will find the belay stances equipped.Add to this a pleasant climate ,beautiful surroundings and friendly locals ,and to my mind you have a superb venue.Can't recommend it highly enough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...