Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Snow and Rock "price matching" rant

Denni on 07 Aug 2011
Afternoon folks,
hope you are all having a grand weekend so far.

My other half wanted a new Arcteryx jacket and was of course not going to pay 400 odd quid, why would you?

We know that our local Snow and Rock will price match anything from the web so we looked around and found her an Arcteryx Pro Shell for just over 200 squids.

Went in today and asked the chap. Told him what jacket, yes they stock it, gave him the web details and he verified the price. S and R's price was 449 so a good saving to be had. He then told us he couldn't price match the jackets because the one on the net was red and they only had black left!!!! Same jacket, different colour. We don't stock the red one because it is a very unpopular color, said he.

I asked to see the manager and she told me again they couldn't price match it because the colour was different adding, we don't have any red left because IT IS the most popular colour and we sold out pretty straight away.

She then said she could take 20 percent off the jacket as a good will gesture at which point my other half politely told her to shove her jacket up her backside and spitefully stood next to the counter and ordered the one from the net, petty I know, but actually quite funny.

Other half then suggested that if they were going to be that petty with colours that at least they should get their story correct about the colours being popular or not to which the manageress replied, sorry about that, but a few members of staff wouldn't know the technicalities of the jackets we stock nevermind the colours.

Absolutely useless shop, why I bothered in the first place I don't know. Rant over.
... not showing 46 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums