UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Alaska 2011 by Jon Griffith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Aug 2011
Will Sim on the descent down the Seattle Ramp, (Montage Edit), 2 kbThis week we catch a glimpse of what it is like to race your way up one of the world's most iconic alpine routes - the Cassin Ridge on Denali.

British alpinists Jon Griffith and Will Sim made a very fast ascent of the Cassin Ridge earlier this year and despite their lung-busting time, Griffith still carried his camera.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=63575

peakpaul 12 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Great video and inspiring adventures guys. Loved it...........except the lycra at the end - that is too much
 robdan 12 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News: Superb, well done guys, great entertainment.
Chris Ellyatt 12 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Good to see more members for the bring back spandex movement!

Chris
 Jackwd 13 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great film, watched it earlier. It just looks like bloody good fun and that's what it's all about.
 andyinglis 13 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great film Jon! All the best with your real objective.
 Jon Griffith 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Chris Ellyatt: Thanks, though the Spandex ending is courtesy of Jacon and Max up at 14 camp. They even brought up a chicken suit....which unfortunately i never got to film.
Jon
 beardy mike 15 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News: That's top notch! Really entertaining short... makes you dream a little
 TobyA 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Jon Griffith: Great film Jon! My 5 year old has just announced that when he grows up he is going to be a ski plane pilot, which if you ask me sounds like a perfectly great ambition for the young man!

How cold do you think it got up high? I remember you saying that you hate getting cold legs but both of you seem to be wearing just softshell trousers? I'm constantly amazed by how little stuff you guys wear - you are obviously just harder than me!
 Jon Griffith 15 Aug 2011
In reply to TobyA: No I had a pair of hardshells and softshells. Sofshells for getting to 14 camp but anything above i was in windproofs. The wind is pretty strong and horribly cold up there.
 TobyA 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Jon Griffith:
> Sofshells for getting to 14 camp but anything above i was in windproofs. The wind is pretty strong and horribly cold up there.

Do you just wear a couple of layers of long johns under them Jon? Or some kind of thicker insulation? I imagine Denali is hard to dress for because the temp drop with height must be a lot more being so far north, and then you guys are going from 'relatively low' to the top in one push.
 radson 19 Aug 2011
I can bear testament to the fact that Jon and Will were relatively speaking naked on that mountain :p

Great video Jon.I was impressed by the 3-d effects on some of your still shots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...