UKC

Primus multifuel stoves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mikesuth 18 Aug 2011
When using a liquid fuel stoves, in order to transport, can the fuel pump be left in the bottle or must it be removed?
thegorge - changed 18 Aug 2011
In reply to mikesuth: personally always leave the pump in, MSR, never had a problem
 JoshOvki 18 Aug 2011
In reply to mikesuth:

I always leave mine in too. Why would it have to be removed?
 LastBoyScout 18 Aug 2011
In reply to mikesuth:

Leave it in, just don't pressurise it.
In reply to mikesuth: Leave it in. Unless flying, naturally.

T.
 JoshOvki 18 Aug 2011
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

If it has no fuel in it, and is unpressurised I can't imagine it being an issue when flying either. It is built to withstand huge amounts of pressure.
OP mikesuth 19 Aug 2011
In reply to mikesuth:
That's what I thought. It would be good if Primus put something to that effect in their instructions.

Thank you.
 marsbar 19 Aug 2011
In reply to JoshOvki: It's more that it potentially looks like a bomb going through security screening than a physical problem. Fuel bottles should be flown uncapped to prove that there isn't any fuel in them for least hassle.
 Damo 19 Aug 2011
In reply to marsbar:
> (In reply to JoshOvki) It's more that it potentially looks like a bomb going through security screening than a physical problem.

Exactly. I lost a pump/bottle this way, though not the stove, flying Air Canada years ago. They just look at, it and it looks dangerous, so they take it - no questions, no facts needed, no amount of explanation will help, didn't even sniff it.

Now I completely separate the stove parts, sometimes even putting the stove, pump and bottle in separate bags. Leaving the pump in the bottle is just asking to have it taken.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...