UKC

'long' distance: swollen feet, tendinites and training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sebastien 21 Aug 2011

Hello,

My gf and I had this idea to bring my bike from Belgium down to Geneva. So we just finished a bike and run of 700 km over 15 days (so roughly 350km each).
Nothing amaizing as the goal was to limit our-self to running 20 km per day (twice 10).

Now that the trip is over (and what a fantastic trip it was!), I would appreciate some advice (should have been done before...):

A bit of background, I can easely run 15km but had never done it over so many days in a row.

-Swollen feet: why is that and how long will it take for them to go back to normal?

-Tendinites and training: from day 7 and for the next 4 days, I could only walk because of heel tendinite.
How could I have prevented that? Training? But how can you train during the year for extensive period (does it count as 'extensive'?) of running?

I think we both got hooked on this way of travelling and some plans are coming up in our mind. But a more appropriate preparation would make sense...

Any feedback welcome!

Sebastien

Banned User 77 21 Aug 2011
In reply to sebastien: Could be tight calfs? Of course more running helps, but you'd need to see a physio really. I get PF due to tight calf muscles.

Re swollen feet and legs quite normal due to inflammation, have you dumped them in cold water?
OP sebastien 23 Aug 2011
In reply to IainRUK: Thanks, got my feet back to therir normal size...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...