UKC

Fear of falling documentary

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Mcshea 01 Sep 2011
Sometime in the mid nineties there was a television documentary titled Fear of falling, I remember Ron Fawcett on the Prow, Ben Moon on Darius, Flick Butler cruising The Dervish to the tune of Princes Cream, I seem to remember Rob Parker even getting in a line about exploring virgin passage.... Anyhow It inspired me at the time (the documentary that is). Does any one else remember this and know if its available to be found in the ether?

Thanks,

John.
 LastBoyScout 01 Sep 2011
In reply to John Mcshea:

I remember this - I think I've still got a copy on VHS in the loft.

I still remember the mad cavers and don't forget Simon Nadin on Beau Geste...
OP John Mcshea 01 Sep 2011
In reply to LastBoyScout:
That's it Simon Nadin was one of the best bits, it must have been pretty long there was loads in it. I haven't seen a VHS for 15 years......
 graeme jackson 01 Sep 2011
In reply to John Mcshea: Wasn't it just an extended advert for Troll? i seem to remember it being about the various advancements in harnesses and stuff.
 Juglan 01 Sep 2011
Man I'd love to watch this, someone upload it somewhere!
 LastBoyScout 01 Sep 2011
In reply to graeme jackson:

Apart from Simon Nadin's Boreal t-shirt and Laser shoes - and Wild Country got in for the Friends.
 MJ 01 Sep 2011

...and Hugh Banner explaining the evolution of karabiners.
 Enty 01 Sep 2011
> (In reply to LastBoyScout)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2zRgjv6LwE

Placing gear - what a strange thing to do? They were wierd back then them good climbers.

E
OP John Mcshea 01 Sep 2011
In reply to graeme jackson:
works too... I bought a merlin harness after that, it had a great looking wide panel at the back which didn't actually have the desired load spreading effect as the tape was only 2" wide around the outside.

jb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...