UKC

new laptop recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dominion 03 Sep 2011
I now there have been a few threads about new laptops, but this is a slightly different one.

This is about how good the laptop you actually went and bought really is.

And, this morning, I opened a box with my nephew's Samsung NP200BSA and I think he's going to have to come up here and pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Full size keyboard, with separate numeric pad, 2GHz Dual core CPU, 500Gb HDD, 2Gb of Ram (with a free slot, and can take 8Gb in total), Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) pre-installed, a recovery partition, web-cam, and an actual physical Recovery/install DVD too.

Obviously, by now I've had it for a couple of hours, so the hard drive has been repartitioned, and it has Xubuntu Natty Narwhal on it as well, with working wireless, and just doing all the medibuntu installs, and openoffice etc

And the price was about £350 inc VAT and there is £75 CashBack to be claimed on that, yet, so for £275 that's effing fantastic. (That offer expired at the end of August, though, so no longer available, sorry)

I'd want one, if I didn't want that money for a Nikon D3100, and I only bought an excellent Samsung Netbook about 10months ago. But I still want one.

It should pointed out that my first ever laptop had a 980Mb HDD, 16Mb RAM, Windows 98, and cost over £1100.

Things have changed a lot in the last 12 years...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...