UKC

primus cooker burn rates

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
has any body got any infomation on or experinace of using primus eta power MF stove or any other primus stove while on expedition.

the infomation i'm after is how much fuel it takes to boil one litre of water/snow or how many litres of water a one litre fuel bottle will boil.

fuel we'll be using is coleman fuel (white)

any infomation anybody has will be appreciated
BenP 13 Sep 2011
In reply to Mountain_addict_uk:

Difficult to say.

How high are you going etc will affect it. Also, is it water, or snow? That's going to make a difference too.

RhysRolfe 13 Sep 2011
In reply to Mountain_addict_uk: I'm replying from my phone so can't really do much Searching but I looked into this when I bought my omnifuel so some judicious googling should help, I believe that the omnifuel (perhaps primus in general) are the most fuel efficient and it was aroun 150 miniutes for the standard (560ml I think) fuel bottle, hope that is some help.
outdoortraders 17 Sep 2011
In reply to Mountain_addict_uk: Primus quote the following burn times and fuel comsumption as follows. These values are always made in ideal conditions (sea level, average air pressure, 20 degrees celcius). But due to this being a multifuel stove the variation in external air pressure and temperature can be over come to a point by more pumping.

The EtaPower MF will boil a litre of water between 2.5 - 3.5 min, depending on starting temperature. White fuel will last: 300ml - 1 hour - 27 litres of water, 530ml - 2 hours - 50 litres, 850ml - 3.5 hour - 80 litres, 1335ml - 5.5 hours - 125 litres.

These figures also require the use of the ETA pots.

Hope this helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...