UKC

Places to live in Kendal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 25 Sep 2011
Hello

Me and Mrs Zeb are relocating to Kendal in the next month or so. Are there any areas that are worth avoiding, or any that are worth seeking out above the rest?

If anyone knows of anyone letting a 3 bed property, then please let me know!

Ta

Si
Knitting Norah 25 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

Have a look on the Westmorland Gazette website or get hold of a copy of the newspaper, they usually have details of property to rent or buy.
Knitting Norah 25 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

If you relocate in time for November make sure you get along to the Mountain Film Festival at the Breweryy Arts Centre.
 Oceanic 25 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

I'm not an expert as I only lived there for a year, but I don't remember there being any areas to avoid.

I lived on Beast Banks, which was nice, quiet despite being close to the centre of town. Only problem was the on street parking - residents only permits can be a pain if you have friends come to stay.
 Phil1919 25 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo: Welcome to the 'old grey town'.........
OP Si Withington 25 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

@ Norah - cheers, have checked it out already - will keep my eye out

@ everyone - thanks....
August West 25 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

I live in a nice big Georgian town house overlooking Gooseholme, bought for the princely sum of £2,100 (mind you that was by my grandfather 55 years ago - I think it's worth a bit more now). Next door is for sale.
 Brendan H 26 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo: you might want to stay away from Halgarth estate, its grim, acer moss is also bad. Kirkbarrow and sandylands and the waterside are slightly grim but not unbearable.
Beastbanks, fellside and around the castle are nice. the castle means your close to the climbing wall and the castle pub!

Brendan
 peas65 26 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

Around Burneside Road is nice and close to the town centre. We lived there for 14 years and it was great, we then moved to the other end of town near the leisure centre, not great so moved back. prefer northern kendal its more traditional and old fashioned houses.
 plyometrics 26 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

Wherever you end up living in Kendal, great choice.

Having spent a long time house hunting up here, my personal recommendations would be Kendal Green, Greenside, High Tenterfell / Serpentine Road area. Halgarth doesn't have a great reputation, but there are lots of lovely areas close to it. Also, remember that wherever you are in Kendal, it's hardly Moss Side.

Either way, good luck finding a house with it's own parking...

OP Si Withington 27 Sep 2011
In reply to zebedoo:

Cheers all.

Typically, when we decided to relocate, almost 2 years ago now, there were loads of really great traditional properties on the market to let. Now there is naff all!

Sure something will come up though.

S

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...