UKC

Hole in Waterproof Jacket...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hcaw 27 Sep 2011
I recently bought the following jacket in blue:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/knoydart-jacket-p177808

It now has a hole in it due to an accident involving a candle light.

I have mcnabb tenacious tape but in order to use it you really need two edges to fix together and this hole is about 1cm diameter..

Does anyone have any idea how I would go about fixing said hole?
Paul F 27 Sep 2011
In reply to hcawright:

McNett seam grip. Just put sellotape tape over the outside of the hole and apply a thin layer of seamgrip on the inside of the hole. remove the sellotape when dry, as It dries to a clear flexible repair, as tough as the fabric it's bonded to.
I've fixed a tent groundsheet before some years ago and it's still going strong. Not the prettiest of repairs I admit, but pretty bomb proof.
 marsbar 27 Sep 2011
In reply to hcawright: Is there anywhere inside the jacket you could cut a little piece of matching fabric to patch with the tape?
 johnnorman 27 Sep 2011
In reply to hcawright:

I fixed a hole in a goretex jacket once with a puncture repair kit and it lasted for years
In reply to hcawright:

Tenacious tape (or iron-on seam seal tape) is about 2cm wide, so stick one strip patch on the outside, and one strip patch on the inside, at right angles to each other. With a bit of luck, the overlap will stick, and, since the patches will stick to each other through the hole, should be fairly robust and secure. Certainly a cheap and easy repair.

Don't forget to round the corners of each of the strip patches, to stop them peeling.
 nniff 27 Sep 2011
In reply to hcawright:

As above - tape and seamgrip. If you blow on the dollop of seamgrip it flattens it out nicely so that it dries smooth. Not pretty, but functional.
OP hcaw 28 Sep 2011
In reply to hcawright:

Thanks guys, I didn't think of using tenacious tape on both sides. That's prob the best option as it doesn't involve me having to spend any more money

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...