UKC

Anyone Been to Berlin for a lads weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drunken monkey 01 Oct 2011
Looking to organise a stag doo. Keen to avoid the usual haunts (Prague,Bratislava,Riga,Amsterdam)

So, thinking about Berlin as its relatively easy to get to from Scotland, its a massive place and the locals will prob handle a stag doo no bother.

Anyone got any recommendations for things to do, and places to stay?
 rj_townsend 01 Oct 2011
In reply to drunken monkey: Trabant tour - very good.
In reply to rj_townsend: Cheers will check it out.
In reply to drunken monkey: Also, anyone know when the German Footy season starts/finishes? Would like to take in a game if possible. We'll be there mid march.
 pog100 01 Oct 2011
In reply to drunken monkey:
http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/hertha-bsc/2012/3/
Herta are the top league team in Berlin, I think. Looks like the play into May. I think they have a winter break. We loved Berlin, but as a middle aged couple may have wanted different stuff from you My kids reckon it has a very active scene though, especially techno?
 alan wilson 01 Oct 2011
In reply to drunken monkey: My great uncle was there with his mates back in '45
In reply to alan wilson: Where did he stay?
 Banned User 77 02 Oct 2011
In reply to drunken monkey: We stayed near alexanderplatz.. not really a downtown area but get to Tittytwister... dancers on bar in underwear, tequila.. heaven..
In reply to IainRUK: Sounds ermmmm rubbish Iain..................

Will check it out
 Hibachi 05 Oct 2011
In reply to drunken monkey: Damn can't remember the names of any of the bars I went to, but google free bike tour. Go on the bike tour (which is well worth doing anyway) and then they'll invite you on a pub crawl, They take you some great bars. It's a good choice I've been out in Bratislava and Prague and Amsterdam and I thought Berlin's nightlife was better by a long shot.
 gethin_allen 05 Oct 2011
In reply to drunken monkey:
It's a really good city but you won't be avoiding the crowds of British stag parties by going there, they got there years ago.
Oranienburg strasse is good for a few bars, we found a good cocktail place that had a happy hour from 4pm to 4pm and was open until 6am if you hadn't died before then.
We stayed in nollendorfplatz, it was a really nice posh area and hotel but possibly not the best place for a stag do because it's the the gay centre of the city.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...