UKC

Klymit Inertia X Frame sleeping mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 07 Oct 2011
http://www.betaclimbingdesigns.com/products/klymit-c-303_372.html

Anyone used one of these.. sounds too good to be true...

Euge
 Denni 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Euge:

Hi mate,
I trialled one over a weekend. Great bit of kit, but, if you are over 15 stone and broad shouldered, then not a good nights kip as they do not support your weight adequately enough, in my opinion of course. I found it really uncomfy and may as well have slept on the floor.

Best off buying a Thermarest Neoair, awesome bit of kit. I am 6ft 3, broad shouldered and I use the small which is perfect to just down below my knees, packs down very small, weighs nothing and a very good nights kip.

Hope this helps, Den
OP Euge 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Denni:
Cheers Den...

I'm only 5'8" and not over 15st but do have broad shoulders.
I just love the idea of the loft pockets and the weight.

Is the Neo Air not like sleeping on crisp packets for noise

Cheers
Euge
 Denni 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Euge:

Hi mate,
there is a wee bit of rustling on the Neoair but nothing too bad that kept me awake at night.

Another option might be a Thermarest Ridgerest. Excellent bit of kit but back to the good old days of having a proper "rollmat" that you have to stick on the outside of your rucksack. Great bit of kit and really comfy.

bigdelboy 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Euge: I seen on their site that they do an XL version which looks like a good compromise. I've not tried any of them yet but they look pretty good.
 rjb 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Euge: yeh the neoair keeps everyone in the campsite awake at night, but it is comfy
ice.solo 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Euge:

tried one in summer. good for that, tho was in a jungle hammock so it slipped about a bit.

wouldnt use it in real cold. maybe ok to a point with a closed cell mat under/over it, but not as efficient as a thermarest/exped down.

light tho, for sure.
i can envision all sorts of evolutions of the concept as time goes by.
 StuLade 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Euge: I've used both, coupled with and without a Z lite underneath. Out of the 2 I find the Klymit mat more supportive for my back, you can really bump up the pressure using the pump so you get a firm mattress. That is providing you don't move around too much when you sleep and stay in the correct position. It's more comfy than the Neoair if you sleep on your side I would say. The neoair would be a better bet if you're a restless sleeper. I found them similar in terms of warmth.
Removed User 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Euge:

I thought about an X-frame, and tried one on a shop floor, and while it was very comfy I'm a bit tall and wasn't convinced about a down bag staying dry after several nights in the loft pockets.

Anyway, I bought one of these,
http://www.expedlife.com/2011/01/exped-synmat-ul-7-sleeping-mat-new-for.htm...
and I love it. Very warm and comfy. It doesn't have that crisp bag thing going on either that the neoair has.

BTW, I think we may have met on Arran at AY's birthday bash, unless I am mistaken.

Stuart
chuffer 07 Oct 2011
In reply to Removed User: Synmat looks very comfy but even the small weighs nigh on twice what the Klymit one.

Looks like I'll have to get hold of an Xframe for the OMM. It's almost as light as the bubble wrap I laughed at my mates for using and I bet it's a sight more comfy.
OP Euge 10 Oct 2011
In reply to Removed User: Hi Stuart.. we have indeed met. The Exped mats are massive and heavy. I bought one for my other half as she has a bad back and wanted something ultra comfy. I was looking for small and light for bivying.

See you at Arran next year???

Cheers
Euge
OP Euge 10 Oct 2011
In reply to Gadameer:
> (In reply to Euge)
>
> Have you read this?
>
> http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3628

Thanks.. I hadn't seen that...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...