UKC

Berghaus Incinerator Duvet jacket, the weight!!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scarab 13 Oct 2011
God I cant believe this brand,

Ive been trying to get the weight of this jacket, but you cant find this information anywhere. Berghaus deliberately wont displat the weight of their products, how are supposed to take Berghaus seriously as an outdoor brand??

I previously bought a Rab Neutrino Endurance, but dont think it will be warm enough for Norway Ice cragging and hanging about. So I got this one instead but no info on weight anywhere.
OP Scarab 13 Oct 2011
Problem solved, took at my luggage scale,

Berghaus Incinerator Down jacket : 970 Grams
Rab neutrino endurance: 600 grams,

Both size small

Questions is how much more warm the incinerator is to justify the weight?

I already have a Rab Alpine generator belay jacket, which is good for summer alpine and Scottish (on colder side).
 gear boy 14 Oct 2011
In reply to Scarab: eeerm cant answer that.

Right... weight for warmth of down, need to know fill power and fill weight

Primaloft overlays are 60 GSM

This is rough....

assume basic shell and lining weigh the same

Rab has 220G of 800 (us) fill power, unless its older model, so shells weigh approx 400g, weigh your rab it wont be 600g

Berghaus weighs a kilo, -400g for shell, - say 150g for primaloft (2.5m)
extra material internal for baffling and separation 200g, so are we saying 350g of down?? doesnt sound right, maybe 300g of down, 700 fill power,

So from that I would assume that an incinerator jkt is as warm as a rab neutrino endurance and a rab generator smock combined, which would weigh less and probably pack smaller.

Alternatively just take the neutrino, it will probably be warm enough for ice cragging in norway!

HTH geek out
In reply to Scarab:

> Ive been trying to get the weight of this jacket, but you cant find this information anywhere. Berghaus deliberately wont displat the weight of their products, how are supposed to take Berghaus seriously as an outdoor brand??

They really are a bunch of retards, aren't they?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=473475&v=1#x6548384

The hang tags on the items at least have the batting weights (for the PL1 items).
OP Scarab 17 Oct 2011
In reply to Scarab:

Ah brilliant guys,

I feel really stupid for not contemplating using the generator alpine together with neutrino endurance, lol!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...