UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Maya Holding The Series - Final Episode 6

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Oct 2011
Climbing with Maya - Episode 6, 5 kbUKClimbing.com are proud to present our exclusive summer series of 'Climbing with Maya'.

This six episode series follows Bristol based climber Maya Holding as she hits her local crag of Cheddar and makes a couple of trips down to Portland.

This isn't a high-flying, high-budget...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64501
 adlamixion 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Nice little series, really good to see cheddar and brean again now that I've left Bristol and the UK. Not sure if you've got on it, but I'd highly recommend fettered trajectory as a first 7b+, nice technical climbing, seems to suit your style!
 JFort 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Yey well done Maya, great climbing! Inspiring too, although I'm pushing 6as not 7as!!
Very well produced videos, I had that wee song on the intro in my head all week! A great idea to have a short series following a climber to their goals, more please!
 JKinsella 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Yo Maya, next time you are back in Cheddar give House Burning Down a go if you haven't already! Its one of the best routes there, and by the looks of things you'd crush it.
 col3 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Really enjoyed this series, great to see videos about a climber doing grades I may be able to do one day! It's really inspiring to see you've come on with your climbing and your confidence, I'm not very confident leading and I feel inspired to try and get better at it. Well done
 col3 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Also what's up with the nut? Has that been left there? Not exactly encouraging bolting!
 doylo 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Good effort, anyone who tries their hand at making climbing films for others to enjoy deserves credit in my book. There's definitely a place for easier climbing in films if its done well. And Maya is so much nicer to look at than Adam Ondra...
 dr_botnik 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

great little series. pleasure to watch.ahem.
 LaMentalist 14 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

will you dirty old men give it a rest please ? Maya only looks about 12 ya wrong uns . ;0)
 Bobling 15 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks, enjoyed watching, the last was the best of the bunch IMHO.
 Kemics 17 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

yeah definitely got better as they went, really enjoyed the last two particularly
 The Pylon King 17 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Finally got them to play! Nice one Maya and Adrian.

I do think that the music swamps it all a bit in places though.

Mark
 Franco Cookson 17 Oct 2011
In reply to Pylon King:

music's the best bit, apart from the psychedelic colour invasions. This one was proper rad like.
 AJM 18 Oct 2011
In reply to Nicole:

It's something you can place in case you don't like the spacing between bolts 2 & 3 I believe.

Nice to see she got it in the end - I chatted to her on a working day on it but didn't know that she had ticked it
 maya89 18 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Thank you for all your feedback and positive comments, I'm glad most of you enjoyed the series!

And thanks for the route suggestions, I tried Fettered Trajectory once, thought it was pretty hard! I think I was having a bad day, so will give it another go, will have a go at house burning down too when I'm back from uni.

Yes Nicole, AJM's right, there's quite a space between bolts 2 and 3, and although your unlikely to fall (if you did you'd probably hit the ground) so I thought I'd put a nut in just in case. And good luck with getting more confident leading Nicole, I've found the more you just get on it and push your self, you gradually get less scared!
Maya
 AJM 18 Oct 2011
In reply to maya89:

Congrats on the ticks Maya despite your recommendations I've yet to get onto All Hands or Skullduggery, maybe some time soon. House Burning Down is brilliant, definitely worth a crack.

Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...