UKC

home drytooling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 3leggeddog 14 Oct 2011
Someone will be along shortly to complain about me drytooling on my own wall, potential as a crap rock climbing venue atc.

Before they do, I use an assortment of chains, maillons, wooden blocks and drilled rock holds for DT on my home wall. Any other suggestions (the wall isn't big enough for tyres)
 Dave Ferguson 14 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog:
you could leave the tap running in the kitchen and switch the heating off, I'm sure wifey won't mind. You might have to wait till february mind.
 Fluvial 14 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog:

I thought this had something to do with tantric sex
 tom290483 14 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog:

get these...http://www.iceholdz.com
ice.solo 15 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog:

how dare you pointlessly damage those bits of chain and wooden blocks. why cant you take your selfish destructive euro-sport somewhere else?

(off cuts from plank cutting with long saw cuts down them to use like cracks is good for your evil pastime)
 iksander 15 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog: Looks good from the picture. How long is your chain? If you have a strong bolt low down on the wall, you could run a chain from that to the roof?

Have you got any stein pulls going? Inverted ones work sit starts.

Can you get a continuous circuit going over the roof and across the back wall? Repeat until dizzy
fil-p 15 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog: I've drilled 3" sections of handrail with a 1/2" hole just to place the point in. Also offcuts of 1/2 round fence post so you can swing your pick into, seem to work better on overhangs compared to iceholdz
 Calum Nicoll 15 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog: On my board, I use a selection of drilled coins (1+2p's). Works well, occasionally they will bend but not often, and they're pretty quick to punish you if you move the axe wrongly.
OP 3leggeddog 17 Oct 2011
In reply to Calum Nicoll:

Interesting, could you give me some more detail
 Calum Nicoll 18 Oct 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog: Clamp coins, drill coins (one hole per coin is adequate), unclamp coins, screw coins to board. I use a bit of wood about 1*5*10cm behind each coin to protect the plywood as occasionally I miss the coin, but that's optional.

To climb, hook the coin, blunt picks will make this almost impossible, but they don't need to be super sharp;

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...