UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Sasha Digiulian climbs 9a!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sasha Digiulian on Southern smoke, 8c+, 3 kbSasha Digiulian is back in what seems to be her favourite climbing area, Kentucky's Red River Gorge. Last time around, in March this year, she redpointed two 8c+'s and onsighted an 8b+, now she is back for more.
When not watching horse races, she attempted Jonathan Siegrist's Pure Imaginationat...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64553
 Morgan Woods 16 Oct 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Absolutely stunning.... and the climb looks pretty good too ;p

But the SECOND woman to climb 9a...am I missing something to do with a certain Miss Durif?
 abarro81 16 Oct 2011
In reply to Morgan Woods:
The French don't believe lots of Durif's stuff. As far as I can make out, she's been caught lying about stuff in the past, and now unless she can produce a belayer who isn't her dad the stock response is not to believe anything she claims.

RRG looks totally mega!
 Morgan Woods 17 Oct 2011
In reply to abarro81: wow for potentially such a big controversy it seems to have slipped under the radar (at least on the english speaking sites).
 Morgan Woods 17 Oct 2011
In reply to shark:

And much more on 8spray.nu i now realise.

Not that I want to detract from Sasha's achievement on here but more to clarify.
 zach.stone 18 Oct 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

well, she claims on redriverclimbing.com to have Keith Ladzinski, Andy Mann, and Sheyna Button. Keith is a well respected photog and andy did the video of seigrist so if they vouch for her it would seem likely. And the rrg locals seem to believe her. And there is a history of small girls crushing at the red. re: Katie Brown.
 Ben Farley 18 Oct 2011
In reply to zach.stone:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)
>
> well, she claims on redriverclimbing.com to have Keith Ladzinski, Andy Mann, and Sheyna Button. Keith is a well respected photog and andy did the video of seigrist so if they vouch for her it would seem likely. And the rrg locals seem to believe her. And there is a history of small girls crushing at the red. re: Katie Brown.

No, the controversy is around Durif's claimed ascent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...