/ 'Masterclass' at Windgather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
woodsy - on 31 Oct 2011
The usual scenario...sat at top of crag belaying, tutting at pair next to me, setting up system with many unneccessary parts & for general slackness.
I have a rule of thumb that if I see someone doing something I would consider dangerous I will risk the torrent of abuse & point it out.
I decided, in this instance, not to, as the systems being set up were not best practice rather than being deadly.
It seemed a shame though, that a relative novice was having what he described as a 'masterclass'.
I hope he wasn't paying & that he gets rope work advice/ tuition from other climbers.
Eagle River - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to woodsy:

Why the hell were you at Windgather?!
Tom Last - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to woodsy:

Blimey, it's all going down at Windgather!
woodsy - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Eagle River:
lol, kiddies, picknicky thing- it will happen to you one day :)
woodsy - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Southern Man:
I know, malicious rock fall & dodgey ropework. Whatever next?
Andy Say - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to woodsy:
I have a prized photo of a rock 3 placed 'upside down' in a friable vertical parallel sized slot with about a mm of the nut itself still showing; it's basically being held in place by a slight camming action as the wire is bent over towards the crag top. This is clipped to the rope using a snaplink quickdraw with both gates resting on the rock. This is the only anchor used by someone at the top as they belay a couple of people up the route.

This, too, was at Windgather.
woodsy - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Andy Say:
quality
Offwidth - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Andy Say:

Couldn't have been used after you spotted it as you would have stopped them, non?
Andy Say - on 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Offwidth:
Never thought of that! I was so busy taking photos.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.