/ NEWS: Fri Night Vid - Orbayu - Nico Favresse and Adam Pustelnik

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 04 Nov 2011
Nico Favresse on Orbayu, 4 kbThis week's Fri Night Vid is from Black Diamond.

"In this video Nico Favresse and Adam Pustelnik make the first repeat of Orbayu, a multi-pitch line on Spain's Naranjo de Bulnes, which at 8c+/9a had been hailed as the world's hardest big wall free climb..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64843

Mark Collins - on 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News: What is that soup/drink in the jam jar with the straw?
mozzer - on 04 Nov 2011
In reply to Mark Collins:

Mate (with accent on the e). Its an Argentinian obsession and tastes absolutely foul.
Henry L Buckle - on 04 Nov 2011
In reply to mozzer:

It's pronounced MA-te with an accent on the A.

It's a bitter tea drink typical of Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay and is the drink of choice in Patagonia.

It has a great caffeine kick and is rather addictive.
stevebarratt - on 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Adam is good guy, him and his buddies walked up from camp 4 especially to help me get all my shit down from the base of a wall in yosemite after i injured myself in a fall.

I hope he gets well soon.
Kemics - on 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Sobering ending to the film. Man those guys are kicking ass though, great watch.
chrisbaggy - on 05 Nov 2011
In reply to stevebarratt:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Adam is good guy, him and his buddies walked up from camp 4 especially to help me get all my shit down from the base of a wall in yosemite after i injured myself in a fall.
>
> I hope he gets well soon.

I hope he gets well soon....although i would love all nurses to be as attractive as the one at the end of the film :)
Franco Cookson on 05 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like a lovely route, liked watching it a lot. Nasty ending.
Graham Hoey - on 05 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Climbed on Naranjo this summer for a week. A superb cliff with outstanding climbing on excellent rock. The refuge is great and there are routes from VS upwards between 3 and 19 pitches long. The approach from the refuge takes between 15 min and 1 hr depending on which face you climb on and the descent from the summit to the refuge is about an hour. Amazingly, very few British climbers go there.

Graham
ads.ukclimbing.com
Scarab9 - on 05 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

fantastic video. Really well shot. Awesome looking route too.

hope he has a fast recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.