UKC

NEWS: Fri Night Vid - Orbayu - Nico Favresse and Adam Pustelnik

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Nov 2011
Nico Favresse on Orbayu, 4 kbThis week's Fri Night Vid is from Black Diamond.

"In this video Nico Favresse and Adam Pustelnik make the first repeat of Orbayu, a multi-pitch line on Spain's Naranjo de Bulnes, which at 8c+/9a had been hailed as the world's hardest big wall free climb..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64843

Mark Collins 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News: What is that soup/drink in the jam jar with the straw?
 mozzer 04 Nov 2011
In reply to Mark Collins:

Mate (with accent on the e). Its an Argentinian obsession and tastes absolutely foul.
 Henry L Buckle 04 Nov 2011
In reply to mozzer:

It's pronounced MA-te with an accent on the A.

It's a bitter tea drink typical of Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay and is the drink of choice in Patagonia.

It has a great caffeine kick and is rather addictive.
 stevebarratt 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Adam is good guy, him and his buddies walked up from camp 4 especially to help me get all my shit down from the base of a wall in yosemite after i injured myself in a fall.

I hope he gets well soon.
 Kemics 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Sobering ending to the film. Man those guys are kicking ass though, great watch.
 chrisbaggy 05 Nov 2011
In reply to stevebarratt:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Adam is good guy, him and his buddies walked up from camp 4 especially to help me get all my shit down from the base of a wall in yosemite after i injured myself in a fall.
>
> I hope he gets well soon.

I hope he gets well soon....although i would love all nurses to be as attractive as the one at the end of the film
 Franco Cookson 05 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like a lovely route, liked watching it a lot. Nasty ending.
 Graham Hoey 05 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Climbed on Naranjo this summer for a week. A superb cliff with outstanding climbing on excellent rock. The refuge is great and there are routes from VS upwards between 3 and 19 pitches long. The approach from the refuge takes between 15 min and 1 hr depending on which face you climb on and the descent from the summit to the refuge is about an hour. Amazingly, very few British climbers go there.

Graham
 Scarab9 05 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

fantastic video. Really well shot. Awesome looking route too.

hope he has a fast recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...