Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Who or What is the Welsh Climbing Championships?

winhill - on 07 Nov 2011
I looked at this a few weeks ago, thought about attending but the distance meant a hotel and stuff so it would've cost a couple of hundred quid.

But I thought it must be a proper 'National Climbing Competition' (whatever that is, but advertised by The BMC etc), so not put off by the cost alone.

Today's post in the UKC Gear section suddenly made me wonder what it was all about.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4208

“Rock UK are Christians passionate about developing young people, bringing adventure into learning and using the outdoors to transform lives.”

The (new) WCC website is severly lacking in information (even contact info, apart from Rock) and the Rock UK website is dripping with Faith jus like a celebrity chef on steroids

Rock UK School of Adventure Training!

This new training scheme is a 24 month programme that combines our three key values;
1. Faith
2. Adventure
3. Learning

It represents the future for staff training within our organisation and beyond. It is a very exciting move for us and we look forward to developing the next generation of Christian Adventure Leaders.

The 24 month programme is delivered in the context of Rock UK values and Christian mission with the key aspects of the programme content as follows:

* Faith and social skill development through discipleship, mentoring and targeted teaching
* Valuable work experience with the opportunity to impact the lives of tens of thousands of young people while developing your skills in the outdoors
* Opportunity to get involved in mission and outreach, within Rock UK, the local community and specific projects with our delivery partners

Is it a bona fide competition (no pun intended) or more like a jamboree, which is an outreach opportunity with prayers and stuff?

Is there any continuity between this competition and the old one? The website carries the results from 2009, before Rock UK were involved so is it the same competition or a separate new one? Is it just an indoor wall promoting itself as the Welsh Climbing Championship or is it regarded as a National Competition for Wales?
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums