/ NEWS: UK Bolt Funds - Time To Donate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 08 Nov 2011
Better Bolts Campaign 2011, Lectures, market research, commercial notices Premier Post, 1 weeks @ GBP 25pw, 7 kbHave you enjoyed a summer of sport climbing in the UK this year? Did you tick your hardest redpoint? Run laps on that classic warm-up route? Get some fitness before a trip to sunnier climes and climbs?
Whatever you've done on the bolts this year, whether it was an 8c or a 5c, why not send some...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64872
JLS on 08 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

>"Between the money from the Beacon CC 's winter bouldering league and the Indi Wall's 'DMM' key ring donations and general donation tin we have just over £700 – big thanks to all"

I think those that sport climb in North Wales should be ashamed that the total collected is so low. You'll not equip many routes with £700...

Get your hands in your pockets!
James Oswald - on 08 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Out of interest how much does it cost to bolt a route? £10 a bolt?
In reply to James Oswald:

A bolt cost £2-3, a hanger costs £2-3, a chain lower-off can cost (well) upwards of £20. A typical Kaly pitch with 15 bolts and a proper double krab lower-off has cost someone around £120.

Chris

(PS all prices approximate!)
steve taylor - on 08 Nov 2011

Not so pricey for Portland, but works out £2 to £4 a staple/P-bolt including glue.

Of course, that doesn't include the cost of fuel, ropes, drill etc.

However, cheers everyone for the donations we've had through these adverts - they are very much appreciated.
Andy Nisbet - on 08 Nov 2011

At Moy it's about £4 to £5 a bolt, £20 for the lower-off, £7 for the drill bit and £8 for the glue. So about £70 per route.
In reply to UKC News:

Yesterday around 900 people read the 'UK Bolt Funds - Time to Donate' Article

87 of them visited - http://www.ukboltfund.org/

.. and 23 of those people clicked on a donate button.

Not bad but I think we can do better.

Alan
Milesy - on 09 Nov 2011
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

Maybe a lot of people clicked it to read it but don't actually do bolt clipping? (Like me) I doubt you had 900 bolt clippers reading it.
In reply to Milesy:
> Maybe a lot of people clicked it to read it but don't actually do bolt clipping? (Like me) I doubt you had 900 bolt clippers reading it.

I doubt we did have 900 bolt clippers reading the article, but I think we probably had more than 23.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.