UKC

NEWS: Toby Benham Comes Out Of Coma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Nov 2011
Toby Benham aka Lucky Chance, 3 kb"Okay – who remembers Toby Benham?"

Alex Messenger tells the story of the young climber and BASE jumper Toby Benham, who was recently hospitalised in a horrific BASE accident in France.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64914

In reply to UKC News: What a Hero! Hope he has a speedy recovery!!!
In reply to UKC News: Wishing him a speedy recovery, but the boy is fully mental!!
 JR 09 Nov 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

Sure is... the picture on crack and slab, belayed on a grigri with a static rope because the rest of the kit was at the other end of curbar... Didn't matter to Toby!

He's doing really well.
 Jack Graham 09 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News: That death swing looks like incredibly good fun. Where is it?
 Mark Collins 09 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News: Wow!!!! Some people burn so very, very brightly! Nothings gonna keep that guy down!
 MNA123 09 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:
I think stunt monkey is the best thing i have ever seen on UKC!
atrichornis 09 Nov 2011
In reply to Jack Graham: It's in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales (Australia).
 Kemics 09 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

I met him on Tonsai, he base jumped past me while multi-pitching. The snap of his canopy scared the crap out of me. Nice guy, very friendly and utterly utterly mental.
In reply to UKC News:

Good luck to you Toby .... The irrepressible confidence of youth and lack of belief in your own mortality are fantastic values to have ..... They are only dulled by surviving your initial 'stupidities' and becoming an old git .. Best wishes
 Jiduvah 09 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News: his mentality is so far from my understanding its untrue. Amazing, I am sure I could learn something from him. Hope he recovers well
 alex 10 Nov 2011
In reply to:

Look out for some more mental photos of Toby in the latest issue of Summit - due out in 2 weeks.
 Calder 10 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

This is the kid on HXS isn't it - (this may not be an exact quote) "I'm not kidding myself anymore... there's no second chances..."

Looks like you got one dude, make the most. All the best fella.
Ackbar 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Calder: That section of the film was my favourite. Great music on there too. He says something like "I love the Grit. Get respect even though I'm weak"!
 Tom Last 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Calder:

Yeah that's him, on Soul Doubt.
 Jiduvah 14 Nov 2011
In reply to Ackbar: maybe that says a lot about him

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...